Test Your Black Friday Knowledge
Well…it’s that time again. Thanksgiving Day followed by Black Friday. We all know that Black Friday is a very busy shopping day. Some hate it. Others love it. It is a very popular time for retail advertising. You may have the Black Friday app installed on your phone and are ready to go, but how much do you really know about Black Friday? Take the quiz below and see.
Black Friday History Quiz
- When was the first known use of the term Black Friday?
- The stock market crash of 1929
- The gold financial crisis of 1969
- The oil drilling crisis of 1955
- It was always an unwritten rule for major department stores to hold off their holiday shopping advertisements until after the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade. What was the first year of the parade?
- In the 1960s, the term “Black Friday” was used for the first time to reference the day after Thanksgiving by…
- The Philadelphia Police Department
- President Abraham Lincoln originally designated the last Thursday in November as a national day of Thanksgiving in 1863. However when there 5 Thursdays in November, people complained that it shortened the holiday shopping season. Which president changed the national day of Thanksgiving to the 4thThursday in November?
- President Franklin D. Roosevelt
- President Herbert Hoover
- President Harry S Truman
Answers 1-B, 2-A, 3-C, 4-A