Boelter + Lincoln is a full-service advertising agency located in Milwaukee’s Third Ward. For over 40 years, B+L has helped clients build their brands with creative, result-oriented ideas. Unlike the typical client/agency relationship, many of these partnerships have turned into long-term friendships that get stronger each year. Why? Maybe it has something to do with our roll-up-your-sleeves Midwestern work ethic. We immerse ourselves in our clients’ business — listening, collaborating and innovating; finding solutions for problems. B+L’s staff tenure is almost twice the industry standard, which tells you a lot about some solid company culture. We believe strongly in a healthy work/life balance.
Culture is key and you can’t have a winning agency without a winning culture.
“We keep our feet on the ground, our sleeves rolled up, and our eyes on what’s next.”
Graphic Designer/Production Artist
Assists in execution of finished creative materials under the supervision of Creative Director and Production Manager. Depending on the creative department requirements and personal aptitude, assignments will vary from finished art preparation to securing print estimates and conception, design, and execution of innovative visual materials for print/television advertising and collateral uses.
- Work closely with art directors, and other members of the account team to produce finished art that is accurate and consistent with the mechanicals and aesthetic requirement of the project
- Provides necessary graphics support for agency art directors as required and requested
- Works with Copywriters and account service people as team on assigned accounts to determine client needs, selling concepts and strategies
- On concept approval, finds or creates the best visualization of the product within budget limits
- Chooses and places all visual elements of the project, including type, illustrations and photographs necessary to produce the intended image
- Assists in the timeliness and satisfactory quality of every assignment working in tandem with other department members, help insure that work flows through the agency and to production in the most efficient and effective way possible
- Expedites the “rush” jobs in such a way that process does not obstruct the orderly flow of every day work
- Keeps abreast of work in the Production/Creative department and follows up on due dates that were established for finished work
- To be familiar with the requirements of publications so that the materials submitted to those media/publications are acceptable from a technical standpoint
- Aid in the preparation of materials for presentation to clients and prospective clients
- Maintain computer files/archive
- Lend support and learn interactive techniques, i.e. on-line banners, interactive DVD’s and backend support on websites
- 2+ years of agency/industry experience
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree in art, design, graphics or communications
- Must be knowledgeable and proficient in emerging computer tools and techniques with advertising and/or graphics applications
- Excellent attention to detail with a keen sense of organization
- Enthusiasm, a sense of urgency
- Show interest in the advertising business
- Ability to foster and maintain open communication throughout the agency
- Well-developed communication skills including ability to articulate creative concepts and rationale to other team members and client
- Ability to multi-task and work efficiently under pressure with careful attention to details
- A forward vision with an eye on new technology and style
- Persuasive presentation skills
Compensation & Benefits
Boelter + Lincoln offers a competitive compensation package. Salary will be tailored to the candidate based upon their experience and demonstrated capabilities.
Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interns have played a part in making Boelter + Lincoln great for over 40 years. Currently, we have 8 employees that started as interns and are now full-time employees. We are always looking for interns with energy, enthusiasm and talent. Applicants must have completed their third/junior year of their major.
There’s nothing more rewarding than working with such a fun and talented team to help our clients succeed.”
— Ken, 3 years
I’m trusted in my work and have the freedom to make decisions.”
— Andrew, 7 years
B+L shares the company’s success with the employees.”
— Julie, 11 years