Ep. #3 is here. Ken and Sam are joined by Sarah Kehoe, Media Planner and Buyer at B+L. The group dives into the key differences between paid and organic social media, including strategies to consider when creating content for Facebook and other social platforms.
- Focus on engaging your current audience with quality content
- Only 1% of a page’s followers see organic content
- Facebook algorithm rewards content that:
- keeps users on platform
- doesn’t appear like spam or fake news
- Use paid ads to sell to a customer base that doesn’t know your brand
- Utilize specific demographic filters and targets to hit the right person with a message
- Understand that Facebook is a media company in search of ad dollars
- The creative used must be high-quality and tell the story quickly
- The brand is specific in its paid vs. organic execution
- Wendy’s uses organic social media to poach followers from other conversations and brands with timely, comedic content.
- It’s paid content focuses on product, deals, and easily convertible messaging.