Launching a New Beer Brand
Lakefront Brewery, Inc. started in 1987, and is one of the oldest microbreweries in Wisconsin. Boelter + Lincoln helped Lakefront develop and launch it’s first new beer in 18 months, Wheat Monkey.
Raise awareness and brand recognition for the beer in the Milwaukee market
Ultimately, see Wheat Monkey make up 35 to 50 percent of total beer sales
Sales of 5,000 to 7,000 barrels of Wheat Monkey in the first 18 months of launch
B+L helped Lakefront launch Wheat Monkey in the Milwaukee market through a series of launch parties held at three local bars. B+L also developed Facebook and Twitter accounts specifically for Wheat Monkey, and issued a news release and a social media release for local and trade media.
- Wheat Monkey Ale was Lakefront’s #1 seller at the Locust Street Festival and at Summerfest
- Wheat Monkey Ale has been Lakefront’s #2 beer in monthly sales since the launch
- Gained 93 fans on Facebook and 128 followers on Twitter in the first 2 weeks
- Coverage in key media outlets such as the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel and Draft Magazine
- More than $397,775 in ad equivalency value and 4,948,551 impressions in the first 6 months