Eagle River Case Study
The Eagle River Area Chamber of Commerce & Visitors Center is a destination marketing organization made up of local business owners. The organization’s goal is to promote the growing tourism industry in Eagle River and Vilas County, Wisconsin. Eagle River and B+L developed a strong creative and media relationship for nearly two decades. In 2014, Eagle River was interested in working with B+L on a new project – the organization’s website. Throughout the years, the overall functionality and aesthetics of the Chamber’s website had become increasingly outdated. Working with Eagle River, B+L developed a website strategy and eventually executed a complete redesign of EagleRiver.org in a clean, user friendly, engaging and searchable way.
- Redesign the website to look professional, on-brand and engaging
- Develop a website that is user-friendly and responsive
- Create a unified website for all Chamber events, members, activities and information
- Build a backend system that is easy for Chamber staff to manage and update
- Introduce a program that allows visitors to request a Visitor Guide
To kick off the project, B+L conducted a thorough discovery process and worked with the client to develop visitor personas. Design objectives were determined with the client and wireframes were developed with all Chamber segments in mind. B+L developed all new layouts and implemented all new design using client-provided copy and photography. Prior to completion, B+L hosted a website management training session with key Chamber staff. Over a five-month process, B+L completed the redesign of EagleRiver.org.
New sessions increased
Bounce rate decreased